I'm not sure if you've seen it, but there's a new NES maker in the works (NESmaker). I've always wanted to make a new NES-style game like Princess Tomato and the Salad Kingdom (a less frustrating and less obtuse one) , but I'm afraid it won't find an audience ...
I want to start by making a prototype, using the original NES palette, and uploading it here to get feedback. If you have an NES and could quickly reply about what you would be interested in playing on it these days, it would be a huge help. You can pick more than one.
- Text Adventure (Princess Tomato and the Salad Kingdom)
- Action RPG (Zelda)
- RPG (Dragon Warrior / Final Fantasy I)
- Platformer (Kirby)
- Card and Board Game (Chess)
- Visual novel (Akira)
- Adult / sexy game (Hot Slots)
- Puzzle game (Dr. Mario)
- Bullet Hell
- side-scrolling fighter (Kung Fu)
- sports game